Saturday, April 12, 2008

Music Now: Ikinoii Mixtape - Special Edition.





A few days ago, I mentioned how the whole planet has gone totally 80s. To illustrate that point, at least as far as contemporary music goes, I thought it would be cool to present the new ikinoii with something I frequently did with the old version, A Musical presentation I call Music Now. This inaugural, special edition is all about electro. So all you fellas throw on a skinny tie, you ladies dress up like Pat Benatar or Belinda Carlisle and we can all dance like we were in the Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go video. Or perhaps not.

In any case enjoy the musical trip, I think my point is pretty obvious regarding the global 80s electro rebirth. The artists featured here are from all over the world, the U.S., Japan England, France and Germany and span musical genres, alternative, rock, techno, R&B and hip hop. I even threw in some classics for comparison. Enjoy.


playlist:

Madonna - 4 Minutes.
Danity Kane - Strip Tease
Britney Spears - Break The Ice
New Young Pony Club - The Bomb
Duran Duran - Planet Earth
Diddy Featuring Keyshia Cole - Last Night
Janet - Feedback
Ami Suzuki - Free Free
Kylie Minogue - Come Into My World (Fischerspooner Remix)
Namie Amuro - What A Feeling
Justice - DVNO
Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence
KanYe West - Flashing Lights
Felix Da HouseCat -
What Does It Feel Like? Featuring Miss Kittin (Royskopp Remix)
Ladytron - Seventeen
Crystal Castles - Crimewave
80tto - AF (80z Kidz Remix)
Immi - Klaxon
The-Dream - Get That...
Prince - DMSR


No comments: