Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Excuse Me, What's A Vagina Doing In The Tom Ford for Men Ad?


Okay, let me just go on record as saying I’m as much a fan of vagina as the next heterosexual male. I think hey serve an incredibly valuable function in all societies. No, I won’t list them because I don’t think I have sell people on the value of the vagina (vaginae don’t exactly need any P.R.). I would definitely describe myself as pro-vagina, however, I don’t really understand what one is doing in the ads for Tom Ford’s men’s cologne.

Is that what the cologne smells like? An oily, or worse, sweaty vagina? I’m not really sure who’d wear it if that was the case. Did they pull the bottle out of that woman? I’m not underestimating the power of the punani or trying to keep it down in any way. I just never thought I’d see one pitching men’s cologne. It would would make one hell of a sample strip. You know those little paper strips they spray the cologne on for you to take a whiff, you know what I mean. Hmm… you know, they may actually sell more product that way. Never mind, I’m straying.

Anyway, this is not a diss on Tom Ford, whom I love. What fashion victim doesn’t? I think he’s truly one of the greatest designers the world has ever seen. There were quite a few times when I lived of off instant noodles for weeks at a time just so I could buy his designs for Gucci and YSL. I’m just wondering what he was thinking when he signed off on this ad. I don’t know. maybe I’m just getting old. Although, I do hope

no matter how old I get I don’t lose my love and admiration for that particular part of the female anatomy. In any case, the ad certainly did get my attention, which I suppose all ads strive to do. To see other female body parts doing their bit to hawk Tom Ford’s cologne, hit the link below.

No comments: