Sunday, September 30, 2007

CONTROL: Ian Curtis, Joy Division Bio-Pic.

I’ve seen The Clash. I’ve seen The Smiths. Adam & The Ants, Echo & The Bunnymen, Blondie, Devo, Johnny Rotten. I kissed Siouxsie Sioux, talked with Malcolm McClaren and shopped with Depeche Mode. I would’ve given anything, ANYTHING to have seen Joy Division.

They are the one bands I regret not having had an opportunity to see. When I found out about Control, the Anton Corbijn motion picture about Ian Curtis and his band, Joy Division I jumped in the air.

Samantha Morton who is always great stars in it as Ian’s widow. Sam Riley stars as the troubled Ian Curtis, James Anthony Pearson as Bernard Sumner. New Order did the original soundtrack. It opens in the U.K. on October 5th U.S. on Wednesday October 10th to a limited release.

No comments: