Monday, April 14, 2008

Sowelu "Naked".

I didn't hear of Sowelu until she did that track with Miss Monday a few years ago. However, Ikue likes her, which is how I happened to come across this, which is now living on her iPod. It's pretty good. Not my favorite of all the new stuff we picked up, but it's cool. She's got the good looks part down, definitely, and while I think her voice is good, I really don't think it's good enough to cover Earth, Wind & Fire's September.

At least not in my opinion. That's one of the most uplifting, feel good songs to come out of an era bursting with them and for me, she just doesn't make it fly. It's reduced to a very standard dance cut. The single with Exile & Doberman Inc., 24 Karats, in addition to Hikari and Lie, in my opinion, are the three best tracks. Perhaps after I give this a few more listens I'll be more into it. For now, I just think it's good, not great.

To hear a complete internet stream of Naked, hit the appropriate link below.

itunes/winamp users:
Listen to My Radio on MediaMaster.com


Windows Media Users:
Listen to My Radio on MediaMaster.com

No comments: