Saturday, March 22, 2008

In Search of Tom Ford Eyewear.


Click here for larger view.


Every year or two and usually in the spring time I get the urge, or in this case nigh irresistible compulsion, to update my look. For the last eight years I have grown my dreadlocks unencumbered ala Lenny Kravitz circa 1997. My dreds are history. Well, soon to be. Much to my girlfriend’s dismay, I’ve decided to go leaner, tighter and more polished. I’ve decided on a look that’s less Rock and Roll and more professional.

To complete my transformation, I’ve decided to unleash my inner nerd. I am a psychology major, after all, and I have a deep love for all things techy. So, I’m going to let that version of Allen out of the box this year, however, I’ve got to do it with some degree of panache. That’s just my style. I just won’t be as customarily over the top. So, how am I going to express my inner geek, but with a modern, fashionable edge? I’ll do it with horn-rimmed glasses designed by Tom Ford, that’s how.

The hard part will be finding these puppies anywhere near Athens, Georgia. Ikue is going to New York City in two weeks. I may have to send her on an excursion to 845 Madison Avenue so I can make this happen. If like myself, you want to be all the nerd that you can be, but do it in a style that won’t repel any potential sex partners or make yourself the target of spontaneous ass whuppings or wedgies, may I suggest taking a look at Tom Ford for some horn rimmed specs that say “geek” but not “Revenge of The Nerds” geek. Other fashionable purveyors of nerdy but cool gear: Marc by Marc Jacobs, Burberry and Theory (of course). Definitely keep those guys in mind when you start working below the neck. More on that later.

No comments: