Saturday, February 16, 2008

Primal parties.

This is another small glimpse into my nightlife past. After my bit as a doorman at New York nightclubs like The Limelight, The Bank, The Palladium, Webster Hall and The Pyramid, I decided to start throwing parties instead of just working for people that threw them. The first party I ever threw was a one-off. It was an after hours on a rooftop in midtown, about four blocks south of Macy’s; Primal was my first weekly and although I never made much doing it, it will always be close to my heart. I had no clue, really, what I was doing. I was ignorant, innocent and blissful. I started Primal in a little bar in the East Village close to the NYU & Parson’s dorms. Probably the only smart thing I did back then. Eventually, we got to move it into the back room at Limelight. After that, as a promoter I started to, as they say, blow up. At that point, the innocence would forever fade away.

No comments: