Saturday, February 9, 2008

Paul Van Dyk Coming To Club Unit In Tokyo

New Year’s Eve, 1995 I had thrown one of the biggest parties New York City had ever seen. Thirteen Thousand people had come from as far away as Osaka, Paris, Puerto Rico and Mexico for the party. A couple even got married on the dance floor. True story. Some of the world’s greatest DJs were on the bill, Felix Da Housecat, Doc Martin, Tiga, Juan Atkins and Paul Van Dyk.

I was just pulling up at about 2Am with Paul Van Dyk when I saw almost as many police and firemen as there were patrons standing outside my Queens warehouse. Not a good sign. Long story short, four months of worldwide promotion had landed me squarely on Mayor Guliani’s ish-list. Last week when his party came to an end I felt like Karma was coming back to him for raining on mine. I only worked with Paulonce after that, but I can tell you the man is as wonderful a human being as he is a DJ. A very talented person who’s musical interests are as wide and grand as his smile.

If you are in Tokyo or plan to be on February 21st, head over to Club Unit in chic Daikanyama and hear Paul Van Dyk weave those influences through techno beats while he flashes that big smile across the dance floor. It’s the Tokyo stop for Paul's In Between Album Tour. Doors open at 11:30PM and it will cost you ¥4000 to get in. info:03-5459-8630.

Club Unit.



No comments: